Individuals are supported with the following principles:
- An individualized model of support.
- A philosophy of giving individuals choice in where they live, with whom they live, what work they do, where and how they access community resources for education, employment, shopping, culture, social activities, recreation, spiritual needs and connecting with family and friends.
- Using the least intrusive supports possible.
- A ‘good neighbour’ model of support is available for individuals that do not require 24 hour support but are in need of a monitoring model (SEGSS monitoring model).
- Families, friends and community members are valued members of an individual’s support network. Non-paid support is valuable in a person’s life.
- Community inclusion opportunities enrich an individual’s life.